Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The story of Snowy the Inflatable Snowman

So first off, sorry I haven’t posted much. I guess I got a burst of inspiration and then life got in the way. Hopefully I’ll be able to post a bit more now!

So when originally researching stories before I set up this blog, I was reminded of the last Christmas, when the statue of the Baby Jesus was stolen from the manager in Waterford City before being returned to the Gardaí (RTE link here). It got me wondering what the ‘crazy’ Christmas story would be this year. And sure enough, when I was watching the news earlier it came up: the story of Snowy the 60ft Inflatable Snowman.

Last week, Snowy disappeared from Wicklow Town centre, a story which somehow escaped me entirely. Today’s story however was that Snowy had been found, returned to the centre of Wicklow Town, deflated, with a hand written ‘Sorry’ note on top.

snowy

I just love the way The Irish Time wrote up the article, containing anonymous phone calls, people arriving on the scene to investigate and the Gardaí not planning to pursue the matter. They also dispelled the idea that this was a publicity stunt. Part of me kinda wish it was one!

1 comment: